• Wednesday (6/3): A02d
• Friday (8/3): A02e
– Prepare $12.50 for Math TYS. This will be bought for collectively as a class.
– If you wish to know your A/E-math results for this Level Test, please email Mrs Sin (yeo_chuen_chuen) about it, stating your name, class and index number :)
* Complete pg 154 - 155 of Math notes. You should have finished the graph sketching in class.
Write down the Completed Sq of each graph/function.
Quadratic Equations and Graphs
1. Identifying when to use SUM & PRODUCT of ROOTS (α, β)
- when part of the function has more than two unknowns (refer to pg 153: x^2 +x(2-k)+k = 0), use sum & product of roots.
- find sum (-b/a) > find product (c/a) > form eqn from sum > form eqn from product > solve via simultaneous and quadratics
* refer here.
2. Quadratic Roots Identities – α, β
(α + β) ² = α² + 2αβ + β²
(α – β)² = α² – 2αβ + β²
α² – β² = (α + β)(α – β)
α² + β² = (α + β) ² – 2αβ
QUADRATIC EQUATION CAN ALSO BE WRITTEN AS:
x² – (SUM OF ROOTS: b/a) + (PRODUCT OF ROOTS: c/a) = 0
3. Properties of Quadratic Graphs
1. Intersect x-axis at 0, 1, 2 points
2. Symmetrical in the line y=k, where k is the y-coordinate of vertex (turning point)
3. Always has a y-intercept at c.
Sandy (06) to take over tomorrow's lesson summary & math homework updates!
DIS IS IFF